Storm Warning Guide
According to the MET Office, you and your property could be affected by Storm Ciara with heavy rain and widespread gales expected over the weekend.
We’ve put together some information to help your customers protect their property from storm damage.
When heavy winds are forecast
In advance of heavy winds, hire a professional to check for problems, such as loose roof tiles. After the storm, these should be checked again for any damage.
- Listen to local radio or search the internet for the latest information and updates in your area.
- Put away garden furniture and any other items kept outside that might get blown around and cause damage.
- Secure gates and shed doors.
- Be ready to turn off essential supplies – gas, electricity and water – at the mains.
- Prepare an emergency pack to include torch, first aid kit, warm clothes, blankets and water and make sure your mobile phone is fully charged.
In addition to the above, here are some additional considerations for commercial customers:
- Your health and safety arrangements should consider the safety of employees, customers and visitors who are on your premises at a time when a severe storm is due. Consider what needs to happen to ensure they can get home safely before the weather gets too dangerous.
- If you have time (before the storms arrives) to safely do so, make back-up copies of your computer systems data and arrange for copies to be stored in a safe place.
Have any concerns regarding your insurance policy? Call us now on 01732 471950 and we will be happy to help with any questions.
Article sourced from Allianz: https://www.allianz.co.uk/
Get in touch
Submit your details on the form below to discuss your insurance requirements.